SturdiGuns information privacy and confidentiality statement
Version updated to November 1, 2021.
At SturdiGuns, we understand the protection of personal data as an opportunity to generate value for our users. By making responsible use of personal information, we not only protect the privacy of those who have entrusted us with their data, but we allow them to operate safely and confidently in our ecosystem..
That is why your privacy is very important to us and we strive to protect it.
This Privacy Statement is part of the General Terms and Conditions of SturdiGuns. Giving your voluntary, express and informed consent to this Privacy Statement is an essential requirement to be able to contract and / or have any type of relationship with SturdiGuns, depending on the applicable legislation in each country.
. 1. Who is responsible for the processing of personal information?
SturdiGuns is responsible for the processing of user and visitor data on its Platforms through its subsidiaries or affiliates.
The person responsible for the treatment is the one who decides on the treatment of personal data. For this, it determines the purposes or uses for which the personal information will be used and the means that will be used for that treatment.
- What information do we collect and process?
SturdiGuns collects your personal information so that you can enjoy our services and continuously improve them.
In some cases, the information is provided by yourself, by registering or by providing information when you use any of our services. In others, we collect them automatically, such as when you browse our pages and use our services. We may also collect information about you from other reliable sources.
You do not have the obligation to provide us with the personal information detailed below, however, this is an essential requirement to be able to contract and / or have any type of relationship with SturdiGuns
These are the types of data we may collect:
Information that you provide us directly when registering or using our services:
- Nickname or pseudonym
- Name, personal image (personal photo or document photo),
- Valid identification or document number,
- Contact information (such as phone number, address, email address),
- Bank account data,
- Information and means of payment,
- Information that we collect automatically, whether you are registered or not:
- Information on the devices or computers from which you access the SturdiGuns platform and other automatically captured data (such as the type or version of the browser or operating system, settings, connection data, information about some of the downloaded applications and parameters).
- Internet IP address that you use when connecting to our services or when browsing our websites.
Information we collect from other sources:
- Information collected for the purposes of fraud prevention and compliance with information regimes (PEPs, OFAC lists, etc.).
- Credit information, positive and negative, that we obtain from credit risk bases or centers, telecommunications companies and / or from publicly accessible sources, in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Data that is used for identity validation, completing or correcting information, obtained from secure and reliable sources, such as public bodies, service providers or commercial partners with whom we work.
In some cases, this information could be considered sensitive according to the applicable legislation. In these cases, we request your express consent to process them.
- What do we do with personal information?
The collection and processing of your personal information allows us to provide you with an excellent service so that you can carry out operations quickly and safely and offer you functionalities that are better adapted to your needs. Except in those cases in which the applicable regulations prohibit it, SturdiGuns may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Improve our services, develop new ones and offer you a better experience with the SturdiGuns platforms.
- Comply with legal obligations and requirements of competent authorities.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse and related crimes to protect the safety of our users and the sustainability of the platforms.
- Protect the rights of users, third parties or those of SturdiGuns.
- Make announcements and advertising and promotional contacts.
Some of these purposes described may not be applicable insofar as: a) you do not use the service associated with said purposes, or b) the services linked to those purposes are not offered in your country of residence.
The use of your data for any other purpose that is not compatible with those detailed, will be communicated to you before we proceed with its treatment.
Mercado Libre will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected.
- How do we share personal information?
Safeguarding your privacy is very important to SturdiGuns. Therefore, we do not sell or trade information that identifies our users. We also do not share or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties.
- For how long are we going to store personal information?
We will only store personal information for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with regulatory or legal requirements, or during the statutory limitation period of possible legal or contractual liabilities.
Once the period is over, the data will be eliminated or anonymized in such a way that no person can be individualized, as allowed by the regulations of each country.
- Confidentiality of personal information and User Responsibility
We will do everything in our power to protect the privacy of your personal information. The user will be responsible for all acts that take place through the use of their nickname and password. If for any reason you believe that someone may know your password, you will have to modify it.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
You expressly acknowledge and accept that StudiGuns may use a behavior tracking system through the use of " cookies " and / or other similar tracking technologies.
These technologies are used in order to know the interests and behavior of those who visit or are users of our website and, in this way, give them a better service or provide them with related information. We also use the information obtained through cookies to analyze the pages browsed by the visitor or user, the searches carried out, improve our commercial and promotional initiatives, display advertising or promotions, banners of interest, news about SturdiGuns.
Your personal data obtained through these technologies will not be transferred to third parties in a way other than those described in this Privacy Statement.
In this sense, you can at any time delete stored cookies, configure the browser to request approval before storing cookies or directly prevent cookies from being stored. This procedure is carried out differently in the different browsers and it is necessary to do it in each browser that you use. Below we put at your disposal the different procedures to handle this configuration in the most used browsers:
- Security. Storage of personal information
SturdiGuns is compliant and has adopted security measures following industry standards to protect your personal information.
Insofar as SturdiGuns has complied with the rules and adopted the measures mentioned in the previous section, it is not responsible for illegal interceptions or violations of its systems or databases, nor for their use by unauthorized persons.
- Changes to the Privacy Statement
SturdiGuns will make regular updates to the Privacy Statement to reflect the constant changes in the services we offer. These updates will reflect in a transparent way the way in which personal information is treated. We will notify you of these changes through our usual channels, such as email or messages through applications. In the cases that correspond, we will obtain your consent.